We understand that flooring is greatly important to the value of your home or business. Neglect, improper care and everyday wear and tear can take its toll on your flooring. ServiceMaster Restoration by McTear is your local expert in floor care. Our technicians are certified floor care experts, and we have the experience to maintain and improve the appearance of your floors.
Carpet Cleaning Services
Keep your carpets looking great with regular and thorough cleaning from ServiceMaster Restoration by McTear. Our business is backed by ServiceMaster Clean® and we have over 50 years of experience in cleaning carpets.
Our carpet cleaning services will help with the following:
- Eliminate dust mites, allergens and trapped-in soil
- Reduce the spread of germs, bacteria, diseases and mold
- Remove stains and spots already present
- Reduce the effects of wear, especially in high-traffic areas
- Restore the natural, clean appearance and texture of the carpets
- Extend the life of the carpets up to several years
- Protect your carpet investment using Scotchgard™ carpet protector to prevent future spots and spills from settling in
Tile and Grout Cleaning
Cleaning tile and grout can be a dirty job. Our technicians have experience cleaning everything from kitchens, bathrooms, and countertops to commercial facilities with large expanses of flooring. We’re prepared to clean the following types of tile:
- And more!
Due to the porous nature of grout, it easily absorbs dirt and soil. Retail grout cleaners only clean the surface of the grout, but a stronger cleaning method is the only way to truly deep clean porous grout. We use specialized, high-powered equipment and products that remove and extract soil from deep within grout. Without proper cleaning, grout can become permanently discolored. Protect your investment with proper tile and grout cleaning from ServiceMaster Restoration by McTear!
Hardwood Floor Cleaning
Over time, every day wear and tear can gradually dull the appearance of your wood floors. Having your hardwood floors
professionally cleaned is a less costly alternative. The key is to keep them in good shape before you have to go through the time, expense and inconvenience of sanding and refinishing. To keep your hardwood floors looking their best, count on ServiceMaster Restoration by McTear.
What to expect with our service.
- Step 1:Inspect, with you, the area to be serviced and review of the total cost of the service.
- Step 2:Apply a pre-spray to the carpet and let it dwell for three to five minutes. The pre-spray is a detergent solution that emulsifies (breaks down) the soil embedded in the carpet.
- Step 3:Extract the detergent solution.
- Step 4:Rinse with clear water. This removes any residue that might cause the carpet to re-soil faster allowing for fresh, clean carpets.
- Step 5:Post-treat any spots that might remain.
- Step 6:Inspect the carpets with you to ensure your complete satisfaction.
- Remove breakables from the tops of furniture in the room we will be cleaning.
- Pick up items from the floor, such as rugs, plants, toys, pet beds, etc.
- Pre-vacuum all areas to be cleaned.
Note: We will place blocks under lighter items such as end tables, coffee tables, dining room chairs, loveseats, chairs and small sofas. Items we normally clean around instead of moving include beds, armoires, pieces containing china and electronics, exercise equipment and large or heavy sofas.
- Stay off freshly cleaned carpets for at least 8 hours. Walking on them may flatten the fibers. When walking on them for the next 8 hours, wear white cotton socks.
- Use air movers to help air circulation and speed up the drying time.
- If a carpet protector such as Scotchgard was applied, foot traffic should be minimized for up to 24 hours to let product cure.
- Don’t move any furniture back in place until carpet is completely dry or Scotchgard carpet protector has cured.
- If extraction was performed, wait up to two days before placing heavy furniture back onto carpet if not using blocks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is professional carpet cleaning expensive?
Professional carpet cleaning is just pennies compared to the cost of replacing it. Call today to get an estimate from one of our professionals.
How long will it take to have my carpets cleaned at my home?
The amount of time will be contingent on the size of the area needing to be cleaned and processes used – low moisture, portable extraction, or truck-mount extraction in terms of efficiencies and time. A highly trained ServiceMaster technician can help you pick a program best meets your needs and schedule.
Will carpet cleaning be disruptive to my family?
The team at ServiceMaster will work with you to schedule a time convenient for you. Our technician will let you know of expected dry times that you will need to be aware of.
Can I use household carpet cleaners for spot removal?
We recommend using only ServiceMaster Clean products. For more information, contact your local ServiceMaster Clean professional.
How often do I need to get my carpets professionally cleaned?
To keep your carpets in your home looking their best, we recommend having your carpets professionally cleaned every 6-12 months depending on traffic. Many carpet manufacturers require professional cleaning to maintain your warranty, so save your cleaning receipts.
When will I be able to walk on my floors after a carpet cleaning?
Allow drying time of six to eight hours before you walk on your carpet. It is best to wait two days before placing heavy furniture back onto carpet if not using blocks.
Will there be an odor?
Depending on the type of carpet we’re cleaning, you may notice a faint scent. This is especially prevalent when cleaning wool carpets. The amount of time it takes for the odor to dissipate is usually within an hour but varies based on air circulation, heat and humidity. A big difference in the way ServiceMaster cleans carpet compared to many of our competitors is that we do not put soap in our rinse water. We pre-spray the carpets, remove the spots, then clean water extract, ensuring we do not leave any soapy residue behind allowing for fresh, clean carpets.
Do I need to do anything prior to the technician arriving for my scheduled service?
Yes. Remove breakables from the tops of furniture in the room we will be cleaning. Pick up items from the floor, such as rugs, plants, toys, pet beds, etc. Pre-vacuum all areas to be cleaned.
Do I have to move furniture?
To get the best results with professional carpet cleaning, we recommend removing furniture from the rooms we will be cleaning. However, we can place blocks under lighter items such as end tables, coffee tables, dining room chairs, loveseats, chairs and small sofas. Items we clean around instead of moving include beds, armoires, pieces containing china and electronics, exercise equipment and large or heavy sofas.
Are there instructions to follow after my carpets are cleaned?
Immediately after cleaning, it’s best to allow carpets to dry for at least 8 hours before walking on them. Walking on them may flatten the fibers. When walking on them for the next 8 hours, wear white cotton socks. Use air movers if needed to help air circulation as this will speed up the drying time. If a carpet protector such as Scotchgard was applied, foot traffic should be minimized for up to 24 hours to let product cure. Don’t move any furniture back in place until carpet is completely dry or Scotchgard carpet protector has cured. Regular maintenance includes vacuuming often and cleaning up spills immediately.
How can I remove impressions on my carpets that heavy furniture left behind?
Our technical experts at ServiceMaster Clean recommend using a clothes steamer to remove the furniture dents. If you do not have a clothes steamer handy, you can use a kitchen towel and an iron. Place a damp towel over the carpet dent. Heat the iron to a medium heat setting then set the iron on the damp towel. You can use the steam button on the iron periodically. Remove the iron and towel to check the carpet. If it is to your liking, use your fingers to fluff the carpet. If the dent still needs work, place the warm iron on the damp towel and repeat. This process is not suitable for carpets made of olefin fiber.